FIRE SENDS TWO SIOUX CITY MEN TO HOSPITAL

 
SIOUX CITY—AN EXTENSION CORD HAS BEEN DETERMINED AS THE CAUSE OF A THURSDAY MORNING FIRE THAT SENT TWO SIOUX CITY MEN TO THE HOSPITAL.

SIOUX CITY FIRE RESCUE PUBLIC INFORMATION OFFICER JOE RODRIGUEZ SAYS THEY RESPONDED TO A STRUCTURE FIRE AT 118 WEST 3RD STREET.

UPON ARRIVAL, FIREFIGHTERS FOUND HEAVY SMOKE AND FLAMES VISIBLE FROM THE FRONT PORCH OF THE TWO STORY BUILDING.

ALL OCCUPANTS HAD EXITED THE STRUCTURE PRIOR TO ARRIVAL. HOWEVER, BROTHERS GARY AND RANDY PARKER WERE TRANSPORTED TO THE HOSPITAL WITH NON LIFE-THREATENING INJURIES.

THE STRUCTURE SUSTAINED SEVERE SMOKE AND FIRE DAMAGE. IT HAS BEEN RED-TAGGED AND THE SIOUXLAND RED CROSS WILL BE ASSISTING THE OCCUPANTS.

DEPUTY FIRE MARSHAL MARK AESOPH HAS DETERMINED THE CAUSE OF THE FIRE TO BE A BREAKDOWN IN AN ELECTRICAL EXTENSION CORD, WHICH IGNITED NEARBY COMBUSTIBLES AND SPREAD THROUGHOUT THE FACILITY.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: