CAUSE OF LAST WEEK’S FATAL FIRE RELEASED

SIOUX CITY—A FAULTY EXTENSION CORD IS BEING BLAMED FOR A SIOUX CITY FIRE THAT KILLED A DOG LAST WEEK.

SIOUX CITY FIRE RESCUE RESPONDED THURSDAY TO A STRUCTURE FIRE AT 2418 COURT STREET.

UPON ARRIVAL, FIREFIGHTERS FOUND LIGHT SMOKE VISIBLE ON THE BACK SIDE OF THE STRUCTURE.

FOUR ADULTS AND AN INFANT WERE IN THE HOME AT THE TIME OF THE FIRE, ALONG WITH THIRTEEN DOGS AND CATS.

ALL OCCUPANTS WERE TRANSPORTED TO THE HOSPITAL WITH NON-LIFE THREATENING INJURIES.

THE STRUCTURE SUSTAINED MODERATE SMOKE AND FIRE DAMAGE AND HAS BEEN RED-TAGGED BY THE CITY.

DEPUTY FIRE MARSHAL MARK AESOPH HAS DETERMINED THE CAUSE OF THE FIRE TO BE A BREAKDOWN IN AN ELECTRICAL EXTENSION CORD, WHICH IGNITED NEARBY COMBUSTIBLES AND SPREAD THROUGHOUT THE STRUCTURE.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: