OPEN GAS LINE CAUSED SIOUX CITY HOUSE EXPLOSION

SIOUX CITY—AN OPEN GAS LINE SEEMS TO BE THE CAUSE OF A HOUSE EXPLOSION TUESDAY IN SIOUX CITY.
SIOUX CITY FIRE RESCUE RESPONDED TO 3312 CHEYENNE BOULEVARD TUESDAY NIGHT AND REPORTED NO SMOKE OR FLAMES VISIBLE FROM THE SPLIT LEVEL HOME, HOWEVER, SIGNIFICANT STRUCTURAL DAMAGE WAS EVIDENT.
NO ONE WAS INJURED, EVEN THOUGH THERE WERE TWO ADULTS AND THREE CHILDREN IN THE HOME WHEN THE EXPLOSION OCCURRED.
SIOUX CITY FIRE MARSHAL CHUCK HIRSCH HAS DETERMINED THE VALVE TO AN UNCAPPED GAS LINE TO THE LAUNDRY AREA WAS LEFT OPEN, ALLOWING GAS TO FLOW INTO THE HOME.
THE EXPLOSION OCCURRED WHEN THE ACCUMULATION OF GAS VAPORS WAS IGNITED BY A HEAT SOURCE.
CITY OFFICIALS HAVE RED-TAGGED THE STRUCTURE.
THE SIOUXLAND RED CROSS IS ASSISTING THE FAMILY.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: